Chris Dorsel brings nearly twenty years of litigation and trial experience to the Bringardner Injury Law Firm. Chris has served as lead trial counsel in over fifty trials on behalf of both Plaintiffs and Defendants in state and federal courts. He uses his litigation experience to help his personal injury clients navigate smoothly through complex issues involved in litigation.
Prior to joining the Bringardner Injury Law Firm, Chris spent years litigating cases ranging from car accidents to civil rights violations to insurance bad faith. Now, his practice is focused primarily on helping clients who have been injured in serious accidents, including those injured by drunk drivers.
Chris graduated from the University of South Carolina Honors College, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, and was one of six state finalists for the Rhodes Scholarship. Before attending law school, Chris took a year off and taught English in Japan, worked on a dude ranch in Colorado, and drove the Hershey Kissmobile. Chris then attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, graduating and getting licensed to practice law in 2004.
In addition to his legal career, Chris has been a part time musician for more than 20 years, playing guitar and singing acoustic music at restaurants, farmers’ markets, and other locales. Chris is a Deacon at Westminster Presbyterian Church, where he regularly provides music during services and also helps lead the youth choir. Chris lives in Charleston with his wife, his three wonderful children, and his Boykin Spaniel, Penny.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor 2004
- University of South Carolina, Honors College, B.A. English 2000 Magna Cum Laude
- South Carolina Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2014-2018.
- “Lead Counsel” in Civil Litigation, Rated by Lead Counsel Review Board, 2015.
- Task Force on Unbundled Legal Services and Ghostwriting, SC Bar Association, 2014
- SC Governor’s School for Science and Math Alumni Association Board. Term: 2010-2013
- Chair, Awards Committee
- SC Defense Trial Attorneys Association, 2009-2011
- Vice-Chair, Legislative Update Committee
- Defense Research Institute, 2009-2011
- Vice-Chair, Young Lawyers State and Local Defense Organization
- Leadership Charleston, Class of 2011
- South Carolina Bar Association, 2004-present
- Charleston Bar Association, 2004-present
- Methods the Pros Use in Trial – Cross-examination, Charleston, SC, November 2018
- Advanced Trial Tactics – Cross-examination, Charleston SC, December 2017
- Advanced Trial Tactics - Opening Statements, Charleston SC, December 2016
- Jail and Prison Legal Issues, Las Vegas, NV, January 2016
- Advanced Trial Tactics – Closing Arguments, Charleston, SC, December 15, 2015
- Ethics in the Age of SocialMedia, Pawley’s Island, SC, March 18, 2011
- The Mechanics of South Carolina Civil Procedure, Charleston, SC, December 15, 2010
- Expert Evidence, Charleston, SC, March 22, 2010
- Legal Ethics, Columbia, SC, March 20, 2009