Legal Representation for Head-On Truck Collision Victims
Bringardner Injury Law Firm provides legal representation for head-on truck collision victims. Whether you have lost a loved one or you are suffering from devastating injuries, we are an experienced team who will fight for you.
We are the Charleston, SC head-on truck accident lawyers who are known for protecting victims from the insurance companies and the big corporations. Don’t let their tactics or a simple mistake hurt your case. Our team aggressively fights for your rights.
We represent residents and visitors in the Charleston region and across South Carolina. Bringardner Injury Law Firm is proud to be your aggressive legal advocate. You can leave everything to our Charleston truck accident lawyers. Call us today to discuss your situation.
What Is a Head-On Truck Accident?
A head-on truck accident occurs when a truck strikes another vehicle with the vehicles impacting each other both from the front. They most commonly occur on two-way streets where traffic moves in both directions and at intersections.
Why do head-on truck accidents happen?
With commercial trucks weighing up to 30 times a typical passenger car, the risks are well known. So why do head-on truck crashes continue to happen? Here are some reasons:
- Longer braking times for commercial trucks as compared to passenger vehicles, so drivers are not able to react as quickly to a danger on the road
- Drivers may be forced to work long hours without breaks and sleep
- Maintenance is especially important for brakes and other key components. These critical parts and systems may not be given the routine and specialized maintenance they need
- Trucks often carry large loads. A load can make the truck maneuver in a way that the driver is not prepared for. In addition, a truck without a trailer, called “bob-tailing” may also not be able to maneuver as usual because the truck is designed to haul a load and handles differently without a trailer attached
- With the long hours commercial drivers are in their vehicles, they may become complacent. They may be distracted by texting, communicating with others, or even letting their mind wander
- Commercial truck drivers are supposed to be trained on how to react to various situations on the road. They must be qualified for the responsibility of operating large and dangerous vehicles. When training and skills are lacking, a head-on crash may be the result
- Trucks need a safe design to operate just like any other vehicle on the road. If manufacturing and design defects render a vehicle unsafe, those involved in a crash may not realize the problem until it is too late
- Road design must take into account trucks that will be on the roads along with other vehicles. Poor road construction or design may contribute to a crash
When a head-on truck accident happens, there are many possible causes. Sometimes, multiple factors cause or contribute to a crash. Understanding the cause(s) is key to any legal claim. Our legal team investigates why the crash occurred, going beyond any police report and insurance company investigation to build your case for justice.
Why is legal representation in a head-on truck accident claim so important?
Here are some reasons it is important to have experienced legal representation for your head-on truck accident claim:
- South Carolina law allows you to claim economic and non-economic damages. Where injuries are expected to last, future damages can be claimed. The amount of damages are often high. The insurance company will do everything they can to avoid a large settlement or judgment.
- Many people don’t know what their financial and personal suffering is worth, especially when their condition may last well into the future, or forever. When you have a lawyer, you will learn how the case value is properly evaluated so you are not cheated out of what is owed to your or your family.
- Fault or legal liability may be complex, and the other side may be hiding the truth. Our legal team doesn’t stop at the word “no.” We fight for answers.
- When you’re suffering from a severe injury or the loss of a family member, we can handle the entire legal process related to the crash. Putting the legal case in our hands allows you to focus on you and your family.
- Each case is different. You shouldn’t settle for a one-size-fits-all case result. Experienced legal representation gives you the insight to customize your case to your specific needs.
You may deserve significant monetary compensation for a head-on truck accident. Our lawyers can help you get the best result possible. Learn how our Charleston, South Carolina head-on truck accident lawyers can assist you. Ask for your free case review now.
Head-On Truck Crash Statistics
Fatal truck crashes occur most often on two-way roads that are not divided. These crashes account for 49.1% of all fatal truck crashes. Two-way roads that are divided with an unprotected median or barrier result in another 43.6% of fatal truck crashes. (FMCSA, Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts 2020). Victims lose their lives in Charleston and the surrounding areas.
About Charleston, SC truck crashes
The Charleston metropolitan area comprises three counties: Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester. All of them have significant populations, as the region is home to more than 800,000 residents. As a seaport, commercial shipping is vital to the Charleston economy. That means a significant presence of trucking activity on the roads in high-population areas.
Law enforcement that may investigate a head-on truck crash in Charleston includes:
If you are in a crash, contact emergency responders as soon as possible. Get medical care immediately. Our law firm builds on the investigation done by law enforcement to gather the evidence needed for you case.
Serving Victims and Families in the Charleston, SC Area
30% of truck accidents with passenger vehicles are head-on collisions. This figure is higher than other impact points (side or rear crashes), making head-on truck accidents extremely serious for victims.
Victims and families need a voice. That’s the mission of our legal team. Whatever your situation – the severity of injury or loss of life, drivers or passengers involved, Charleston residents or visitors – we are here to be your legal voice in our community. Get compensated for your head-on truck accident injuries and damages. Contact us to begin your case.
Experienced Representation for Serious Cases
It isn’t enough for you just to bring a case or even receive a settlement. You need justice. That means financial compensation that reflects your losses and suffering. The law says that you deserve a monetary payment equal to your economic losses and human suffering.
Don’t settle for less than you deserve. Don’t worry your way through the legal process. Work with our aggressive, skilled litigators at Bringardner Injury Law Firm. We resolve cases through trial verdicts and settlements, working to maximize your compensation in an efficient legal process.
Free Consultations, Get a Case Review Today
Our Charleston head-on truck accident lawyers want to exceed your expectations. We know how important your case is. We do everything we can to win and maximize your results. Contact us today to discuss and potentially start working on your case.